18:30 - 19:30
webcal - iCal -
What “movement”? That is not a very clear title for a class…
Well, life is movement. Continuous change. And life is very versatile, and so are these classes.
Here a couple of reasons to join:
Life is movement. Often between polarities. So one key aspect to a healthy life is balance. Balancing in gravity depends largely on posture. And posture is also how we walk through life, how we approach things. Do we bow under the pressure, or do we stand tall and proud. Balancing the body helps to develop balance in many other aspects of life. Attuning body and mind.
If you ask a mechanic “what is the most important thing in maintenance of a machine?” The answer will probably be to keep all moving parts lubricated so they can operate smoothly and efficiently.
The same is valid for our body. So in this practice we are going to move all our joints and body parts through their full range of motion (which naturally is very individual). Use it or lose it!
That one should be quite obvious. Building up strength and capability gives more power, physically and mentally.
To keep our brains healthy and fit, we have to keep learning new things throughout our whole life. Just soaking up information from youtube will not do that job. Challenging ourselves with new movements stimulates the growth of new neurological pathways an many levels.
Therefor each session will include some movement riddles, coordination challenges and pattern explorations. (Always keeping it fun of course.)
Embodying mobility, freedom, agility, adaptability, resilience, health and vitality, all comes a long with a good connection and awareness of your body. Therefor we playfully explore a huge variety of movements and postures – from small subtle details to big dynamic gestures.
The complexity of the modern world can be overwhelming and depressing. Practicing playfulness and developing joy in leaving the box of our comfort zone is a great way of feeling more light and at ease again, enjoy life more and automatically be more in the flow.
Exploring various solutions to tasks, discovering new options, enjoying freedom, improvising. Creativity is not just for artists. It is the expression of our creative potential, and how we apply it in each moment.
Enough good reasons?
Still have no idea what to expect? Perfect! There is only one way to find out 😉
What you need
This will vary a bit from week to week. Usually a mat to do lying exercises, sometimes a weight or a rubber band, sometimes a “empty” wall, sometimes a stool or chair. Sometimes other funny props like a book or a broomstick. I will always put this information on the top of the eventpage for each week.
For the first session (May 11th 2020) you only need a mat.
The suggested “donation” for each session is 10-15€. However, if you are in a financial crisis atm you can also pay less.
Thank you for supporting me and appreciating my work!
or bank transfer:
IBAN: DE10 2004 1133 0400 5955 00
(If both those options do not work for you, please contact me I’m sure we’ll find a solution.)
How to join
I will try a couple of formats. For the first week it will be a facebook live stream.
Just open my facebook profile on Monday 6:30pm CET and join the class: Mito FlyingMonkey
The next time (May 18th) I will try the Instagram live stream. After that we see.
On the long run, I hope to come back to Zoom, because I really like seeing you as we move together, to get to know you a bit (better), and also potentially give individual feedback/cues.
I am very grateful to hear your preference! You can use the contact form below.
Looking forward to move with you!
Other upcoming events in this category:
- Monday 1.6.2020 - Movement training ONLINE - 17:30 - 18:30
- Monday 1.6.2020 - Inverse universe - Open level handstand&mobility - 18:45 - 19:45
- Wednesday 3.6.2020 - Handstand training - intermediate - Balance - 18:30 - 20:00
- Monday 8.6.2020 - Movement training ONLINE - 17:30 - 18:30
- Monday 8.6.2020 - Inverse universe - Open level handstand&mobility - 18:45 - 19:45
- Wednesday 10.6.2020 - Handstand training - intermediate - Momentum - 18:30 - 20:00
- Monday 15.6.2020 - Movement training ONLINE - 17:30 - 18:30
- Monday 15.6.2020 - Inverse universe - Open level handstand&mobility - 18:45 - 19:45
- Wednesday 17.6.2020 - Handstand training - intermediate - Compression - 18:30 - 20:00
- Monday 22.6.2020 - Movement training ONLINE - 17:30 - 18:30
- Monday 22.6.2020 - Inverse universe - Open level handstand&mobility - 18:45 - 19:45
- Wednesday 24.6.2020 - Handstand training - intermediate - Expansion - 18:30 - 20:00
- Monday 29.6.2020 - Movement training ONLINE - 17:30 - 18:30
- Monday 29.6.2020 - Inverse universe - Open level handstand&mobility - 18:45 - 19:45
- Wednesday 1.7.2020 - Handstand training - intermediate - 18:30 - 20:00
- Monday 6.7.2020 - Movement training ONLINE - 17:30 - 18:30
- Monday 6.7.2020 - Inverse universe - Open level handstand&mobility - 18:45 - 19:45
- Wednesday 8.7.2020 - Handstand training - intermediate - 18:30 - 20:00